Blood Sausage with Sauteed OnionCourse: SidesCuisine: GermanDifficulty: Easy
Blood sausage is a popular dish across Europe because of versatile it is as an ingredient. When fried, like in this dish, the sausage will break apart into a think sauce that can add a lot of flavor to a dish or stand on its own, often served with bread.
100g Butter or Fatty Bacon
500g Blood Sausage
2 Tbsp Vinegar
150g Creme Fraiche
1 Bunch of Chives
- Peel and roughly chop the onions
- Heat a pan to a medium-low temperature and fry the onions with the butter or fat until the moisture has evaporated.
- Peel the sausage and cut it into slices, then add them to the pan with the onion
- They should break apart into a thick paste, add the vinegar and the cream and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish generously with the chives and serve